Thursday, July 31, 2014

THE LAST DAY OF JULY

If this was August 1, some of us would be counting the fogs. Old folks say to count the fogs in August and you'd know how many snows we'd have during the winter. If this was August 1 instead of July 31, we'd have one. I remember July 31, 1967.

I was very pregnant with our second child and our VBS started that night. I could barely waddle caring a 9 lb. 3 oz. baby boy. He was born at 1:10 a.m. the next day. I remember the surge of energy you have as you go into labor. While my husband and almost three year old daughter were at VBS, I mopped the kitchen, baked a cake and went into labor. I have no idea why I remember that labor and I can't remember the other two. It's crazy, but tomorrow, my boy will be 47. Happy Birthday Larry! I love you so much! I had a less than three hour labor. Not my shortest labor. It was also the only one the doctor came in with a guitar and serenaded me during my labor.

This week has been busy. Proposals are still coming in and I'm about to stop asking the Lord to send more. Today I'll get A Most Precious Gift ready to send to the company that prints and distributes my books. The book will probably be on sale by the middle of next week on Amazon.

There's always a book waiting to be published. I want to format A Shadow of Fear to be ready to publish the last of September or the first of October. This is a children's chapter book and I love it because it tells how a little boy addressed his fears.

The next book will come out in November/December. It's a Biblical Historical. Can't wait to get started on it in the next few days. The cover isn't made yet, but my cover designer is working on it. This is a busy time for her and I hope she waits until her daughter gets settled in college. Then, she'll have more time.

It won't be long until we'll be through with this year. It's been a good year for me, but we've had some heartbreaks. That's life, isn't it? Not everything can be like we want it. It's also been a busy year.


No comments:

Post a Comment