Tuesday, February 24, 2009

More on Writing

Lately I have read some books that I do not feel are very good. One, which I will not mention, had too many main characters and too much going on. There could have been three books instead of that one. I became frustrated and at lose ends.

What do you do in a case like that? Read an author that you know and trust. So I did. I read to learn more about the craft and I don't need to read a book that goes all over the place. Yesterday I started Leather and Lace by DiAnn Mills. DiAnn has a way of making you see what is going on. I like the she puts you there in the story. She is a very good author and a good teacher and friend.

After I read the first page, I went to the computer and realized I could improve my writing. I think my descriptions are improving. It seems it has taken me so long to get to this point, but I am finally making it there. Isn't it amazing how much you can learn? I hope I can get back and do more today. My editor says I need to concentrate more on my emotions. That is so hard to do.

For my family who reads this, I am much better today. I am taking my husband to the emergency room as soon as he gets dressed. He needs to see a doctor with the diabetes and that toe is horrible looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment