Friday, February 27, 2009

Where Did February Go?

Can it be the last of February? It has flown by and where was I? The only answer I can think of is that I was watching it snow and snuggling in a blanket. It was a cold and snowy month, but that is nothing unusual. February is always a bad month. I remember my dad telling me about walking the mile to town, in the snow, before I was born to get the doctor. At least the doctor had a car and he rode back with him.

I'm taking a couple of days off and doing some much needed work around the house. I hope to get last years papers stored away since our income tax is getting done now. It's nice to have a son who is a CPA. 

Writing is always forefront in my mind in anything I do. Even cleaning the shower, I think of things that would go good in a book and I write notes. I am working on our Ladies Day at church, to be held on May 16. We have titled it, "It's Not About Me" and it is a Marriage Seminar with men and women. We will have both separate and together sessions and men are invited. When we separate, we can discuss meatier subjects. I'm excited about it because there are so many avenues we can discuss. I feel we do not discuss marriage enough in the church and we have to learn that life is not about me. Well, I don't' want to discuss the whole program, so I'd better stop with that right now.

It is warm and rainy here and my flowers are starting to bloom. It does feel like spring and next Sunday we will be on Daylight Savings Time. I look forward to spring and being able to sit on the porch. In the spring and summer we usually eat on the porch and watch the traffic as the world rushes by. That one simple act helps me to enjoy life. Have a good day and take time to watch the world go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment