Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Missed Yesterday

Sorry, I missed writing yesterday. I have diverticulitis and I had a bad attack over the week-end. Yesterday was not the best day either. I am feeling better today, but I don't think I will be eating anymore nuts.

I did read a book while I was sick. Some time ago, I had bought Coffee Rings by Yvonne Lehman. I've always enjoyed Yvonne's books and this one was no exception. There was suspense in it and that does help you to turn to the next page. 

Yvonne writes modern day fiction. Her books are usually about North or South Carolina. I've read so many of them. She was the first author who I enjoyed thoroughly. I have expanded my scope of authors, but I still like Yvonne's writings.

In a way this was a sad book. It is about a woman with cancer and three young women who had witnessed a tragedy. They all intertwine. Eunice, the lady with cancer, had a daughter that died at eighteen. The three women were with her when she drowned. 

Since I had lost a child, I wanted to see what she would write about the death of a child. She did a pretty good job. There was a lot of emotion shown. There is also a fine line between acceptance and healing. That's the way it is in real life. It takes years to accept the death of a child and to heal your mind. 

Husbands seem to do better than mothers. I have often wondered if that is because we carried the child for nine months. The child was with us longer than with the husband. I felt it was part of me that died also. It is always tragic, but we can work ourselves through it.

During the time of grief, I don't think we could have made it without our dear friends and church members. I had to have God in my life. Without Him, I could not have been able to face each day. It was hard on our whole family. Our children had to face something that not many children face at ten and eight years old. Something was gone from their family. It was never the same. 

I don't want to get everyone depressed, but there are lessons to be learned. Hold your children closer at times. Let them know you love them. Appreciate each kindness and each kiss. Let God shine in your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment