Monday, October 26, 2009

Busy Two Weeks

I didn't realize it had been so long since I had blogged. It has been busy and a lot is still going on.

Just to recap, the move is taking over more of our life. Right now we are getting ready for a yard sale. We've made several trips to Kentucky and have several more to go.

On the 17th, I went to the First Annual Christian Girls Day. It was held at Marshall County High School in Benton, KY and area churches of Christ sponsored it. It was different than Ladies Days that I had been to and it was directed to girls. The speaker was Sheila Butts and she is amazing. I felt blessed to be there with around 290 other women and girls.

On the 19th, we closed on our house in Kentucky. The owners are still there. Their house is not finished yet, but they should be out soon. Now we have two houses, no make that five houses. We still have rental property, our house in Tennessee and the house in Kentucky. A big undertaking.

On the writing front, I have sent a proposal to a publishing house. I need to send two more out today and tomorrow and start editing the remainder of my book.

On top of all this, I have been sick for three weeks. Today is a better day, but my husband is now sniffling. This is not the time for all this. I have too much to do! There is a reason, I know, but I want to feel better.

Then it doesn't get much better. We have dear friends, Wesley and Elva Simmons. Wesley is the director of Tri Cities School of Preaching in Elizabethton, Tennessee. Tuesday, their daughter had an aneurysm and passed away on Saturday. This brought back so many memories for us when our daughter passed away thirty-four years ago. The ups and downs are hard on everyone. Tomorrow we will attend her funeral. Candy Phillips was 32 years old and lives a husband, Tim. She was a precious lady, beautiful inside and out. Heaven is more beautiful now.

No comments:

Post a Comment