Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Tribute

Today my husband and I will travel to Elizabethton, TN to attend the funeral of the daughter of a good friend. This is a sad day for us and will bring back lots of memories.

Candy Phillips passed away Saturday. She left a husband, Tim and parents Elva and Wesley Simon. She had an older sister, Karen, a niece and a brother-in-law. We had never been around her much until this summer. I wish I had known her longer. Her parents have been friends of ours since before she was born. Time and distance enters a lot of friendships. Candy was 32.

How can I describe Candy? A true Christian in every way. She taught the Word of God to anyone who would listen. She was making an impact on homosexuals. No one was ever too small or too great for her to teach. Someone said the other day that her boss told her she would lose her job if she didn't stop teaching people the Bible.

I'll miss her although I didn't know her that well. This also brings back a lot of memories of our daughter who passed away 34 years ago at the age of six. Wesley, Elva, Jerry and I went through a lot of the same pressures during the waiting. We understand how they feel. It is terrible to lose a child, especially for a mother. You carried that child for nine months inside of you and now it is ripped away. How do you get through it? You pray to God to give you a little more strength each day.

We all think of heaven sometime or other. Today I know it is a lot happier with Candy's smiling face and wonderful personality. I know her kindness on earth is showing in Heaven. I am so thankful that God allowed us to know her and love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment