Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

There is so much on the television, computer and radio about being thankful. Shouldn't we be thankful each day, not just Thanksgiving?

Last night I couldn't sleep and I began to think of all the things I'm thankful for. Here goes.

I am thankful for

1, Jesus dying on the cross for MY sins. Where would I be without Him?
2, My friends, not only in the US, but in foreign countries. I am blessed daily by your love.
3. My family. I can't spend enough time with them.
4. The church that Christ established. We are so blessed to have such a loving, caring church family.
5. This beautiful earth we live in. I love every season of the year and I have no favorites. Each one is beautiful in it's own way. 
6. The life I live. Each day is a blessing for me. I wake each morning and I am thankful for it.
7. My husband. He didn't know what he was getting into when he married me. I am so blessed to have him and I am so thankful for his love.
8. My children. They bless me in ways they will never know. They are both Christians and that is a blessing in itself.
9. My grandchildren. They keep me young. I love watching them and getting hugs and kisses from them. Each one is so different.
10. One little girl. God gave me a precious soul to keep for six years. She had wisdom, love and a sunny disposition. I am so thankful that God let us have her for a little while. She taught us so much.

These are only a few of the things I'm thankful. Our family will be together tomorrow with my son-in-law's family. To have all of us together is a wonderful blessing.

I wish everyone the best Thanksgiving ever.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your thankfulness! I'm sorry about the loss of your sweet girl, but I am impressed with your Godly attitude. May you have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Britt, we did have a wonderful Thanksgiving in the mountains with 24 friends and family. It was wonderful to renew friendships and just have fun.

    ReplyDelete