Monday, July 25, 2011

Busy Last Week

Last week was a busy week. With the raccoon invasion of our corn, we had to get it in quickly. Most of the week was filled with canning green beans and freezing corn.

Writing news! My two close published friends are critiquing my book. I have sent the first three chapters to two publishers, and I'm glad these two ladies critiqued them first. We are one-third through with the book now and they are giving me wonderful ideas. These ladies are multi-published and know what they are doing. They also are very honest with what I have written and I know they are thinking, "What made her think she could write?" I don't have an answer to that and I'm beginning to think it was more stupidity than anything.

With all the critiquing, canning, and freezing, I have not been able to write much. I had set a goal of 40,000 words this month, but I'll be lucky to get 25,000 in. I wanted to complete this small contemporary novel, but I'm way behind now.

I'm getting more anxious for ACFW conference. If anyone is going, let me know and we may be able to meet up. Our Kentucky group is meeting on Wednesday night around 8:00 p.m. I'm looking forward to putting names with faces. It will be a great time for everyone.

Today, I am correcting a critique and getting another chapter ready to go out. I will be so glad when the finishing touches on done. Thanks for all the encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment