Monday, July 4, 2011

HAPPY JULY 4th

Since Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays are my days to write on this blog, I didn't want to miss today. Even though I will be busy with family later on, I still have a few minutes to connect with my readers.

I love July 4. It's my oldest granddaughter's birthday. She is fifteen today and getting older too fast. She has been a firecracker all of her life. We are so blessed to have such a beautiful granddaughter in our family. When she was small, she had to come to our house on her birthday because Rogersville, Tennessee has the best fireworks in the south. They are magnificent! She thought they were for her for a long time.

On Friday, we celebrate our youngest grandchild's birthday. He will be seven and he is also a firecracker. He told Granddaddy the only thing he wanted for his birthday was to go fishing on the boat. Does that really eliminate a present? Don't think so. He is a wonderful, energetic little boy.

There is so much to be thankful for on this day. We live in freedom. We are not harassed by worshiping God, or saying what we want to. I write on forchristiangirls.org and I have already been threatened by two people in foreign countries that I will be in jail soon. Well, that doesn't happen in the US. It may in the Middle East, but not here. I am so thankful for that.

Enjoy today. Eat plenty of hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, and baked beans. We're having a fish fry with cat fish from the area. Family will be here and we will have a wonderful time. Don't forget to thank God for these freedoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment