Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Writing Hiatus

It seems I have stopped writing for a few days. I forgot this blog Monday, sorry. It's not that I don't want to write, it's the fact that too much is going on.

My husband plants enough corn for us, our son's family, and our daughter's family. We have never had much trouble with varmints getting into it until this year. This year, a bunch of raccons have found our garden. Hubby went on the internet and read about putting a radio in the garden, turned up loud. Apparently country music is not their thing. They haven't returned in several days.We have been freezing corn for the rest of the family. Our freezer is full from last year. I can't eat it, and I guess I forget to fix it except when we have a covered dish at church.

This week I have been freezing corn and I have more to do today. I've also canned green beans. I love the fresh vegetables, but I wish they didn't come in at the same time. We are beginning to get ripe, or nearly ripe tomatoes. I'll make chili sauce and spaghetti sauce when they come in.

I'm anxious to get my writing going back again. I had tried to plan for this, but I don't think I did a good job. Let me give you a little hint. We have had flies and gnats around our doors all summer. Someone told my husband about spraying the ground with yellow Listerine. That's the original color. Don't know how it works, but it does. I sprayed the deck and the carport and it's working. Just one little simple trick that may make your life better.

No comments:

Post a Comment