Friday, July 15, 2011

Summer is Here

Today, I'm feeling the summer sun. It's already in the 90's, and we have beans to can. My second run of green beans is on now. Corn is almost ready, but the raccoons found it last night, so it will have to be frozen quicker than we first thought.

What does all that have to do with writing? I don't get to write as much. We will eat good this winter, though.

I remember back in BAC (Before Air Conditioning) how hot it would be to can. It had to be done and I don't remember how we accepted the heat. I would say it was with fans. My grandmother would have the canner going early in the morning, before it got hot.

Now, to writing. I sent two proposals out yesterday. These two editors had asked for them, so I went to town. I'm really impressed with one editor. She has already acknowledged receiving it. Not many people do that! So many authors who have read parts of Callie's Mountain, have encouraged me to keep on trying to publish it. I am trying to do that.

Before long, American Christian Fiction Writers will be having their conference. I am excited about that and have been working to finish another book. I would like to have three finished before conference. I'm over 1/4 through with this new one, plus correcting critiques on Callie. I've been very busy, but I work better that way. I am excited to see some of my friends that I have not seen in a while.

Have a good week-end and I'll try my best to be back Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment