Monday, April 9, 2012

GREAT WEEKEND

I hope everyone had a great week-end. We did. Our son and his family had Easter Dinner with us. Our daughter and her family has sickness and didn't get to come. She said she wanted to rest, and I understand that. Her husband was in the hospital the first of the week and her daughter had pneumonia.

The seven of us had a wonderful time. I cooked turkey with no dressing. Although I love dressing, it is too much in the spring. We had corn, my grandchildren love corn, green beans, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, fruit salad, homemade bread, and Prune Cake. The Prune Cake is a recipe handed down from my mother-in-law, and it is delicious.

Our oldest grandson doesn't like chocolate. We didn't tell the children it was a Prune Cake. Chet, the oldest, had eaten most of his when he said, "This doesn't taste like chocolate." Then we told him it wasn't chocolate, it was prune. He had a hard time eating the rest, but he did.

Our visitation group meets the second Sunday of each month and this month was our time. I forgot it was Easter when I said I would have them. We have light refreshments. I had planned to go ahead since I would have a fruit salad and deviled eggs left over. I had decided to make a light dessert that is easy. I'll give the recipe at the end., if I don't forget. I don't have a name for it so we'll call it Chocolate Lemon Strawberry Dessert.

During my nap, the telephone ran and one single woman in our group said she wouldn't be coming. We only have seven members, so we were down to six. Then the wife of another couple called, their granddaughter had been in a four-wheeler accident and was being air-lifted to Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville, and they were on their way there. They wouldn't be there. So we were down to four. We had a good time, the four of us. The dessert was a big hit.

CHOCOLATE LEMON STRAWBERRY DESSERT

This depends on how much you make. It's easy to make more or less.
Sugar-free Chocolate Cookies without filling. I used Murray Sugar-free 100 calorie packs
Lemon Sugar-free Instant Pudding mix
Strawberries sliced

Crumble cookies. Mine were hard, so I pounded them in the packs, I used 2 packs for 4 people
Cover bottom of nice stemware glass with crumbs
Add pudding
Arrange strawberries on top for garnish.

The first we had were in martini glasses. I didn't have any, but I had parfait's. I made two layers and they were good. This recipe made the two layers. We have a covered dish next Sunday and I'm making this is a dish. I may double the recipe. It is surplussingly good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment