Tuesday, May 14, 2013

WRITERS BLOCK

Yes, I have it. I am miserable! I know where I want to go, but I'm having a hard time finding the path. I'm down to the last 3,000 words of Susannah. This is horrible! I know the ending, but I'm having difficulty finding the way to get there.

I have a friend who doesn't write her last chapter. Someone else does it for her. I asked her why, and she said she didn't like to say good-bye with her characters. That's not my excuse. I know my characters will be in the next book, so why am I having so much trouble?

When I was finishing Callie's Mountain, I had the same problem. It must be something mental. Today I told myself I'll finish it. I want to get it finished. I want to start something else.

Several years ago I started a devotional/ladies book I called Cobwebs of the Soul. I want to finish it. I have been encouraged by my friend Mike Shank author of Muscle and a Shovel, to get this finished. In fact, he encouraged me to write more. So, I am taking his advice.

Number one on my agenda today is to finish Susannah. As soon as my critique partner can get to critiquing and get it finished, it will be published. Number two is to start Cobwebs. Number three is to start on Vacation Bible School.

It's been a couple of years since I've had anything to do with VBS. We always have a very good adult class, and I've enjoyed sitting at the feet of several very good teachers. The way VBS is done here, we only have to work one night. I'm on Monday night, I think. "On" is the word to use. I'm a Sorcerer. I'll be showing the children that magic, sorcery, horoscopes, is all a trick. I want them to learn to get away from those things. There is so much in the outside world today about sorcery, talking to the dead, magic, charisma, etc. That gives me a lot to work with. It's going to be fun.

The more I write here, the longer I am putting off what I need to do. So, I'm taking myself to Northern Virginia and get Val and Susannah married. They can't until I get them to Maryland, so away we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment