Thursday, August 6, 2009

Change

Change is always good, or so I think. We grow with changes and I sure hope I start growing.

The change in my writing is the change of editors. I have hired a new editor and I love her so much. She has finaled in the Genesis at ACFW. I have read some of her work and I am impressed. Sandi Rog is a friend and a sister in Christ. We are rooming together at conference. I think I have said that before.

Lately, I have been very discouraged with my writing. I have been very busy on the home front also. We have been blessed with a wonderful garden and I have canned and frozen food almost continually. Today we are eating out of the garden with green beans, okra and corn. Sounds like a wonderful lunch.

I've said before, I think, that we are taking a big step in our lives as well. As much as I love Tennessee and the area where I live, it is time to take a step forward. Our children live in Nashville and the Western Kentucky area and that is from four to seven hours away from us. We are not getting any younger and I am having a lot of joint problems. We are not big city people, therefore we decided not to move to Nashville. We are planning to move to Benton, KY, probably in the next year.

This is a big change for me. I have lived on this farm most of my life. I am the sixth generation to own it. That is a big step, but this is land and my memories go with me. I am anxious to be close to my grandchildren. Even Nashville is closer than where we are now, so we should see our daughter and granddaughter more often. We can always drive to Nashville and they live on the east side, which is good.

We had a realtor come out and look yesterday. They seem optimistic about the sell of our property. We have a lot to do getting ready for the sale. My parents left me a lot of junk to get rid of. Some of it will sell and some of it will not.

I am definitely writing today. I am finally excited to write and I think I have played with this book long enough. It needs to have final stamped on it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katt/Kathy...
    I just read your "First Time Orientation" email and landed in your blog. Wow...does it seems like decisions are harder to make as we get older..oops... mature! My family has had to sell some land east of Des Moines for commerical development that has been in the family for almost 100 years. I guess I'm reminded of the verse Psalms 24:1, "The earth is the Lords". For our short time here, we are the caretakers. A saying: "One thing constant in life is change." At times I think struggle should be added to that but that's another story. I'm attending the ACFW conference for the first time and I'm excited to meet everyone! Cindy Peecher
    PS... I volunteered to work the bookstore 4-6 on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, it will be good to meet you. It has been hard to make the decision, but when we did, it seemed so natural. I'm excited, but I have a lot of work ahead of me. We live in my parent's house and my mother saved everything for me to go through. I'm still trying after two years. I am excited about convention. I'm rooming with Sandi Rog and we are both excited. See you in September!

    ReplyDelete