Monday, August 24, 2009

News

This should be writing news, but it isn't. It is more on the personal side.

We found a house with four acres last week. Made an offer and the sellers agreed on the price. We hope to be living in Benton, Kentucky before Thanksgiving.

We love the house. Four bedrooms, three baths, large living room, kitchen, family room and a mud room. There is a large pantry with shelves on all four sides. I found more closets than I have ever seen. We're about seven miles from our son and his family. The whole four acres are level. My husband is excited about that. No hills to worry about.

We are very pleased to be close to family. Our daughter is a two hour drive away, so we will be seeing more of them. I'm more excited about becoming a real grandmother. We can have tea parties all the time. It is exciting.

Now the problem is selling our place. We told one of our renter's this morning. I hated to tell them we were leaving. They are good renters. They cried and I cried. They are a sweet couple and I feel like they are part of our family. That will be the hardest part.
Yesterday, my husband made the announcement at church. We had told our closest friends before we left for Kentucky last week. Between Bible Study and Worship, one lady came up to me with tears in her eyes. Another young lady I had taught, couldn't talk to me without crying. I know we will miss these good people, but this is what we need to do.

I'm going to miss the mountains. I have such a beautiful view of hills and fog rising from the river. That is the highlight of my morning. I love to look at the hills and mountains.

Needless to say, I have much to do today. The realtor will be here today to list our place. My house is a mess, but that's all right. It will probably be a mess for a long time. I can't express what this move means to me. I am excited to spoil my grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment