Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Much Better Day

Yes, today is a much better day. I knew when I passed up my road turn, twice, that I was not myself. Then when I found out I didn't have the strength in my leg to brake, I was in trouble. How unusual for me not to be able to slow down to turn into my driveway. So far it looks like a better day today. I still hurt, but not as badly.

I have a full day ahead of me today. I want to find time to write and finish editing my last five chapters. I know I have talked about this book so much, it seemed like it would never be finished. But I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

I knew nothing about writing when I began this book four years ago. In that time, I have taken classes and gone to conferences. It has been a wonderful experience. I am so anxious to get it published and to say I have accomplished something. My friends I have made on this journey are truly phenomenal. It is so good to know writers. We all look at things differently than others.

We look at things that can be used in a book. Everyone you meet could be a character in a book. Don't let them know it at first. But think of the people you know. We know one little feisty lady of 92, who is a hoot. She still drives, but I don't like to get behind her, and she lives by herself, has a very good mind and is so energetic and fun. I need to find a place to put her. I love her so much.

My grandchildren could make a very good book. A little of my youngest grandson is in this book. He is so funny. Little David is so much like my Grayson. I don't have much in it about him, but you'll see the playfulness when you read the book.

Today I am also changing the new frozen food from my small freezer to the large one. I had my husband pencil me in for the morning. this is not a fishing day. So we will have fun. This afternoon is going to be an afternoon of writing, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment