Thursday, July 1, 2010

Own Less Property

We've been back to Tennessee and we own less property now. We sold two rental houses and about 4.25 acres. That was such a relief. I hate renting property. It is such a headache.

These last renters were the worse I have ever seen. They either didn't pay their rent or it was always late. I'd tell them it was late and here would come the excuses. If anyone ever need excuses for a book, I have a long list and some of them are unbelievable.

They are finally out and I almost wanted to help them pack, well not really. It was sad to sell the property that had been in our family for almost 200 years, but I know we made the best decision. Our place is here closer to our children.

Last night in our Wednesday night class, we talked about providence. How God worked in ways that were not miraculous, but now we can see how he cared for his people. I believe He still does that today. God is so good to take care of us if we believe His word and obey it. I've made so many friends, especially in the writing industry, because I have taken the opportunities presented to me. If I never took these opportunities and risks, would I be where I am today? I don't think so. Writing is a lonely business and I have made so many friends through my writing. I am thankful for everyone of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment