Friday, July 2, 2010

Synopsis

This week finishes up my class with Camy Tang on Synopsis. Wow, what a class! I found out so much about writing in that one class than I have learned in all my classes put together. Camy tells you how to put a synopsis together to go to an agent or publisher and how to write a book from a synopsis.

I hate to leave Camy. It has been so good. I've written a synopsis on a book I want to write next. She showed me so much about Christian writing and CBA. If you want to learn how to not dread this process of writing, take her course. It's a one-on-one and she is wonderful giving you feed back. She has several other classes and work sheets you can purchase. I really feel I got my money's worth on this one.

Are there any writers doing Novel Track? I've signed up but have never heard from anyone. That's a little discouraging. I like to write 2,000 words a day when I'm writing, not editing. This seems like a good idea to write with everyone. I hope it works out soon. I guess I need to look at my spam mail to see if anything is there.

Ballgame season is over for our grandchildren. We went last night for the two youngest. They lost and our oldest grandson had a game out of town and he lost. Two of them have tournaments, but with church camp the same week as the tournaments, they won't be playing.

I have more things to get finished this morning and write this afternoon. My days are busy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed our One-on-One Synopsis coaching! That makes me feel good. :)

    Are you not getting the Novel Track emails? It's a pretty hopping loop. If you're having problems, email the Volunteer Officer, Margaret Daley: voloff@acfw.com.

    ReplyDelete