Thursday, September 16, 2010

Pen Names

Several years ago, when I decided to write, I knew I had to have a pen name. One reason was my real name. Not one that people can pronounce or spell. I felt I needed something simpler and my maiden name was Anderson. That is also at the beginning of the alphabet, so it would be placed on the shelf first.

There have been a few things happen since I am now know as Katt Anderson. A friend I have known for several years through a loop, had no idea what my pen name was. I reminded her with my real name, and it has been great to really get in touch with her.

One night this week, we visited some friends. Their daughter is on my Facebook and knows me by my pen name, more than my real name. The daughter introduced us to some of her family as "Katt and ___ Anderson." I had to correct her. The first time my husband has been introduced as an Anderson. I think he got a kick out of it.

When I go to a conference, I have both names on my name tag. Most of my writer friends know me by both names anyway, so it doesn't matter.

I guess I have a dual personality. It can be exciting. So many of my church family call me Katt and it doesn't bother me at all. I'm happy to be a writer, even if I do have two names.

No comments:

Post a Comment