Friday, September 3, 2010

August Was A Wild Month

Thank goodness August is over! It was a wild month with my daughter breaking her leg and then surgery. I've traveled the road to Nashville so much that I think my car knows it's way. We have been blessed that my daughter has done so well from her surgery. She had all 24 stitches out yesterday and the cast removed. She can now move her ankle and toes a little each day.

Now that my book is finished, I wanted to refresh myself with my research notes. I want to be sure everything is as accurate as it can be. I didn't recognize too many mistakes, so I guess the research is good to go.

I love to do research. It connects me with the people of that time. Because this research has been about a race I am familiar with, it has been a wonderful experience. I've reconnected with people I love and thoughts have run through my head about them and my relatives.

September will be better in some ways. I have about two weeks before I have surgery. I will be able to write when I come home. I'm excited about what lies ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment