Monday, August 30, 2010

I Did Not Fall Off The Face Of The Earth

It has been a while, but I'm still alive and kicking. Since my daughter's surgery, I've been going back and forth to her house in Nashville. I"m leaving later today for a couple of nights. Her husband will be home by then and she will get the stitches out of her leg. She should be able to get around more by then. It will be a while before she can put pressure on that leg. Since it's her left leg, she will be able to drive.

The surgery has taken so much out of both of us. Last week, we slept most of the day. I took her to work a couple of days for the mornings. When we got back to her house, we flopped out and slept. We are both on pain pills, so we would have to synchronize our pill taking. We could not both be zonked at the same time.

Needless to say, I have done very little writing. I have kept up on Face Book and emails. That has been about all I did, except eat the delicious food everyone brought in. I've gained weight and I didn't want to, but the Key Lime Pie was too good to turn down.

After Thursday I should be back in the groove. We'll be here for the week-end and we're planning a picnic at one of the many picnic areas at Land Between the Lakes. It is so pretty. We drove around the area yesterday and my husband showed me where he fished. I got a couple of pictures of deer and really enjoyed to afternoon.

There are a few more things I need to do here and then load up again and head down I 24. Hope everyone has a wonderful week and enjoy Labor Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment