Friday, March 13, 2009

Back Home

Last night I received a call from one of my blog readers to remind me I had not written in a few days. We have been gone for a few days. 

The doctor had given my husband a leave of absence because of his "great toe" and we decided to visit our children. The doctor did not want him to lift or drop anything on the toe. Since it was his left foot that he injured, he decided he could drive.

We had not seen the devastation of the ice storm in Kentucky. It was a land of topless trees. We've had tornadoes and have seen what can happen to trees, but I had never seen so many trees without tops before. Enormous trees had been uprooted. Some of the roots are talker than I am. It was something to see.  People have piled their brush on the side of the highway for the county to come by and mulch it. It was something else.

Did the grandchildren want to stomp their grandfather's toe? Yes, the four year old tried, but Granddaddy was quicker than he was. 

My husband did return to work last night. I think he was a lot more tired than he would have been and his foot hurt him when he came in. He will adjust.

How is my book coming? One thing about writing is the re-writes. I am correcting today to send the first chapter to the Genesis contest with ACFW. I hope I get a better score this time than I did last time. I should, it is a lot better. 

It is good to be home. I enjoy visiting the children, but there is no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment