Friday, May 8, 2009

My Blog is Later Today

We all have our off days and today is mine. I had my day planned, but things changed rapidly.

This morning when the clock went off at 6 a.m., I snuggled down in the covers until 6:30. I always shower and dress first thing in the morning. I had gone to unlock to front door when my hubby entered with these words, "I forgot my billfold and I have to go back to town to get the groceries." We had no creamer for the coffee. The world revolves around coffee at our house.

That was fine because I was going to town also, so we ate breakfast out, went to the nursery for plants and some bushes. He also got a rose bush for me for Mother's Day. Then, it started raining. Not little showers, but thunder and lightening and the heavens opening up. Needless to say, we decided to nix the grocery store.

Soon after we unloaded the shrubs, rose bush and plants, it stopped raining. Now, I went back to the grocery store. This rain has really made my knees hurt, so I am taking it easy now and trying to stay off of them for as long as I can. I don't like pain.

Yesterday when the mail came, I received a rejection from the publishing house I had sent my proposal to. Most of yesterday was feeling a little sorry for myself and trying harder to be positive. I was more positive than sorry.

Rejections make you humble, or so I tell myself. It still hurts when someone does not think your baby is as pretty as you do. One writer said they were stepping stones to publication. She said hers were about an inch thick. 

This week-end I will be working on my Ladies Day presentation. I am going to rest for a while and let the medication work. Then I am going to get busy and finish my speech or as my husband says, my sermon. Have a good week-end.


No comments:

Post a Comment