Thursday, June 18, 2009

Back to Normal

It's good to be back to normal today. Thursday's are usually better for me. My husband sleeps and I can get something accomplished.

A few days ago, I had a bright idea. They don't come too often. Last year Sharon Lavy had told me about how she had two screens for her computer and it was easy to correct critiques. Her husband is a computer guru, I think.

The more I thought about it, the more I knew it could be done, but mine is a little different. We have two laptops, so I turn both of them on and get on the internet on one and my flash drive on the other. Now I can make the corrections that need to be made. It is so much easier than going back and forth between the corrections and the manuscript. I don't get all confused and correct the wrong one. That has happened when I corrected the critiqued copy.

Now, I don't dread doing the corrections and can get more done.

Another bright idea I had is using Skype in our writers meetings. My niece used it in Scotland and I thought , well if she can, I can. So after I got my computer up, I decided to try it. One of our laptops had the webcam. I talked to Ane Mulligan the other day and it was great. I could see her and she could see me. We had a lovely conversation. Our meeting is going to be at Panera Bread and they have wireless. I can call Ane and she can speak to us right there. Isn't this modern age we live in wonderful? This could aid many people who do special talks and not able to get to the place where it is done. It can be done at home or in a restaurant that has wireless. Think about it. It's FREE!

Got to get back to work. We had so many storms yesterday that I couldn't get much done.

No comments:

Post a Comment