Monday, June 15, 2009

A Really Bad Week

I've always heard that bad luck comes in three's. It does. Last week was one of those weeks.

First of all, we had a gospel meeting with Aaron Cozart, a young, good preacher. He was speaking on Creation. I had scheduled to have a tooth removed on Tuesday and thought I would not get to attend that night of the meeting. He was preaching on dinosaurs and I wanted to hear it.

My oral surgeon decided he could not do that with a local anesthetic, but would need to put me to sleep. Another appointment made for next week. So I did get to hear about dinosaurs, which was great. The lesson was wonderful.

My optometrist had made an appointment to check my eyes on Thursday. The nurse did not dilate my eyes, so I get to go back next month.

My daughter came up Thursday night. While waiting for her, I decided to clean up some papers in my office. My office is also another bedroom. I reached for something on the bed and my desk chair slide out from under me. I hit the floor hard, very hard.

We went to the Historical Melungeon Society meeting on Friday and I really had a hard time sitting. It was very interesting and I learned a lot about the race. I made it through most of the meeting.

Today looks much better. My friend and I are directing a wedding next month, our first. Tonight we are meeting with the couple to go over plans and what they want. We will be eating out again, which we did all last week. I can't wait to cook a whole meal, I am tired or restaurant food.

Hopefully I will be back on track now.

No comments:

Post a Comment