Friday, June 5, 2009

A Promise for Spring

Kim Vogel Sawyer is a wonderful author and this book is no exception.

When Emmeline Bradford arrives in Kansas from England to marry her lifelong sweetheart, she hates the place. Kansas is so brown and dry from her homeland. Also Geoffrey Garrett does not seem to be the man who left five years before and vowed to return to England so they could be married. He is so demanding now, much like the father she left in England. She is scared to death to marry someone who has changed so much in five years.

Her demanding father had asked Geoffrey to write him about the ranch instead of Emmeline and she was hurt because in five years, she had not received a letter from him. She refuses to marry him, but will stay on the ranch until spring in hopes that they will fall in love again.

As Kim usually does in her stories, she weaves a quiet web of hardships, love and devotion. Her books are so soothing to the soul. Because of the quiet way she tells a story, I love to read her books. She calms your heart.

Usually, I don't read two books in one week, but I have had to be still and quiet for a few days. I have decided I won't start another one until after Tuesday. This gives me more time to work on my own book.

No comments:

Post a Comment