Monday, April 20, 2009

One Day to Go

Tomorrow we fly out at 4:46 CDT. We are in Nashville and resting today. Kaye Dacus and I are meeting for lunch and I am really looking forward to it. I think I spelled her name right.

My nephew wrote me yesterday to tell me his wife had volunteered me to speak at their Ladies Class on Thursday. I have been working on our Ladies Day in May, but it is not near ready. I have the Power Point for last years, so I will go over it and use it. I'm not like a preacher. I don't carry a sermon in my hip pocket all the time. I will do fine. I talk so slow that the Scots will get tired of waiting for my next word. They talk very fast. It will be interesting with a hillbilly accent. I am looking forward to it. I guess that is something else I can put on my platform. I am an international speaker.

My husband and I both dread the long flight across the ocean and we will have sleeping pills to take so we can rest. I worry a little about my legs, but I plan to walk the aisles as much as I can. 

Ideas are running through my head for books. When I get home, I should have many more. My notepad is in my suitcase. I hope all of you have a wonderful day. It's rainy here in Nashville.

No comments:

Post a Comment