Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Rainy Day

I love rainy days. It is so quiet and peaceful and I always want to wrap up in a quilt and read. So much for dreams. My sister may remember sitting on the swing on Granny's porch when it rained. Was there a tin roof on the porch? I can't remember, but anyway it is dreamy to think of those peaceful days.

Too bad I have a lot to do today. I have service the car before I leave tomorrow for Nashville. There are also 100 more pages to read and change. I'm still considering changing Solomon's run away scene. I like the original better. I'm also trying to cut out more words. Instead of cutting, I am adding. I will have a lot to cut out at the end of the book, so I may wait and see. 

I'm not going to give the story away, but Solomon, the oldest boy in the family, does run away from home. We were talking to our financial adviser and he told us about riding his motorcycle in the Smokies after dark and wrecking it. He fell over the bank and landed in a dry creek bed, breaking his shoulder. That can happen anytime or anywhere, minus the motorcycle. That was a wonderful idea. So I stole it. He won't mind.

This is short today and I need to run. I have a lot to do before tomorrow and Wednesdays are always short days getting ready for church. I also have to cook enough for my hubby while I am gone.

I meant to put this in yesterday, but forgot. This is a recipe I received from and 8 year old girl at church. That's correct 8 years old. It's Peanut butter Cookies.
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 egg
Mix together, turn oven to 350 degrees. Roll in tiny balls, place on cookie sheet (I use parchment paper) and bake for 7-10 minutes, depending on your oven. Mine had to bake for 10. Take out and DO NOT touch for 5 minutes. These melt in your mouth. I have not tried them with Splenda yet, but I am sure I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment