Thursday, April 16, 2009

What to Read?

We will be in the air for seven hours Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. I hope I will sleep, but I suspect I will be too excited. I am taking several things to read.

First is the Bible. We are reading through the Bible in one year at church, so I will be reading it. I also have a book to critique. Then there are two books in my pile to read. One is No Place for a Lady by Maggie Brendan and the other is Gingham Mountain by Mary Connealy

I have never read any of Maggie's books, but I have read several of Mary's. My daughter had read Gingham Mountain when we were there last. She handed it to me and asked me if I had read it. I had to tell her no, but I had it in my stack of books to read. Maybe I can read them either coming or going.

Right now I am reading Shadows of Lancaster County by Mindy Starns Clark. I've read other of her books and enjoyed them. This is a different Amish book and a mystery. So far I have enjoyed it, but I have not had time to read much.

I still have packing to do. I hope I picked up everything we will need in town today. I've been to the bank, paid the gas bill, and had the mail stopped, so that about gets it. I've even talked to the young man who is house sitting for us. We are all together so far. Did I say today I was excited? It seems like nothing happens in my life much, so this has really been a big boost. Yes, I will probably research for a book. Don't know what, but it will hit me I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment