Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2009

The beginning of a new year is always exciting. I enjoy trying to improve myself each year and this year is no exception.

This year I will work harder on my writing. My deepest desire is to be published, as it is for all writers. I always liked to write, even in school. I have always had a good imagination that was always allowed to run wild. My family laughs about my dreams at night. So, I guess my imagination goes strong in my sleep.

My book is improving. Yesterday I started going through the chapters and adding more things of interest. There are some parts that I realized over the holidays that I need to make stronger and better. This may take a little while to do, but I hope I am finished by the end of this month.

This year I will be trying to improve my health. One of the things I am doing is working out each day. My husband and I gave each other a Wii for Christmas. In all truth, it was before Christmas. We worked hard on the sports and we have done very well. I bought a Wii Fit after the holidays. So far I missed one day working out and it is a work out.

I never thought it would be this good. The exercises gradually build up your strength and the trainer tells you how you are doing. Right now my Wii age is ten years younger than I am. That's pretty good. I do yoga for ten minutes, strength exercise for ten minutes and aerobics for ten minutes. I only do thirty minutes at a time. I can always go back and do more in ten minute intervals. I do recommend it to anyone who is able to exercise. 

The exercise also helps me to think better. As we get older, we are more inclined to do less and our mind just does not work well. I have clearer thoughts each day and I am able to work longer at a time. By eating better and exercising, I feel I am off to a great start for the new year. Will I keep it up? I believe I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment