Thursday, January 8, 2009

Getting Rid of Clutter

Usually I read The Edit Cafe, a blog from Barbour Publishing. Today Becky Germany had written something that hit home with me.

To make it short and to the point, it was about clutter. I read and then looked at my desk. On the left side there is a stack of "things." Several that can be removed easily. I have a Bible where I was looking up a scripture to use on a lesson I wrote for Ladies Class, a sheet of questions that were asked for an interview, a calendar from DiAnn Mills, and a book I have read, Paper Roses. Most of it can be discarded, not the Bible, the calender and the book, I'll need those later.

On the other side is a stack of bills that have been paid, but need filing. Okay, I'm lazy. There is also a copy of a page from my grandparents family Bible with all the information on our family and a gift card that I am getting ready to use online.

This will probably sound crazy, but I work better without the clutter. My project for tonight is to rid myself of this clutter. I want to also rid myself of the clutter in my house. My sweetie and I are the biggest pack-rats in the universe, well not completely, I think my mother held that honor. I'm still cleaning up her clutter and she's been gone for over a year.

I am a procrastinator. I will admit it. That is why I have such a problem with clutter. My mind clutters also, but that's a whole different story.  I would love to be neat and tidy. I really have to work at it and strive to do better. 

We're getting ready to move my office, so I will have to get my desk cleaned off. I am going to try to share an office with my husband. I don't know how that will work because he talks out loud a lot. I know I can never be there when there is a ballgame going on. I would never be able to concentrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment