Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Keeping Motivated

The hardest thing for me to do is to keep motivated. I am a little on the procrastinator side and will put things off that I hate to do. 

Lately my writing has seen a little bland. I could not motivate myself to so anything different. I didn't know what to do different. I thought I might need a break, but that didn't help, but it did prolong my sitting down at the computer.

Holidays are always good to get us out of our habit of doing something. So during the holidays when we visited our children and then had company, I was out of the habit. Now comes to the excuses.

My husband is going from a full-time job to a part-time job. My writing schedule has been to write when he sleeps during the day and now I will only have three days where I can write like I'm used to. We may have the problem licked.

He wants to put our offices together. I work upstairs in a bedroom and he works downstairs in the basement. I like peace and quiet and he likes music (and he talks to himself). I think and hope we can adjust because I would like to be out of the bedroom.

The hope of a new office has motivated me, but there is a lot of work to do to get it up and going. I'm trying to do one thing at a time and set my days/time for writing and then set a time for doing housework, laundry, etc. If I can get that accomplished I will be fine. When I don't have something pressing on me, I can work better. 

Yesterday I wrote that I had found a way to deepen my characters. That is my big motivation right now. I want them to be real people and doing that should help.

No comments:

Post a Comment